Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ton Sai

So I don't have too many more photos to post cause I've been in Ton Sai for the better part of the last 2 1/2 months!! I love the climbing and the relaxing atmosphere of the small community of climbers here! But I must leave next week my 2 month visa runs out... :(

It's so sad to be leaving the place that has changed my outlook on life! Its hard to explain how relaxed and happy I've become about life. I feel I can stop worrying about all the selfish things I should be doing to improve my life and to think how i can get a good job and blah blah blah. I just want to relax and teach English or find a volunteer job in SE Asia. I just hope everyone can understand me that at this point in my life I have the ability to live simple and help others more effectively than maybe later in my life!

So I found a teaching job in China that doesn't require the TEFL (teach English as a foreign language) course and it pays slightly more than is needed to live. Unfortunately I cannot extend my flight until the teaching job is over. So I feel comfortable to forfeit my ticket home and take the chances on teaching. I don't worry too much about it because once I have the experience of teaching its as good as taking the course and I can teach anywhere in SE Asia. I've thought a lot about it and it is my decision. Plus I'm not even sure that if I come home at this point that I could find a temp job good enough to save up the money needed to get back here to Asia... So this is my thinking and I hope everyone can understand me :)

lots of love, Shana

No comments: