Monday, October 10, 2011

国庆节National Day break in Guizhou贵州

In China we have three big holiday breaks during the year; 国庆节 National Holiday in the first week of Oct., 春节 Spring festival is a month break in January, then 劳动节 Labor Day the May 1st holiday.

So I decided to go back to Guizhou to visit my friends. I flew into Chongqing. Then I went to meet up with Noah, an English teacher from Zunyi who helped me a lot with some bank problems I had last year. He invited me to go with him and some other teachers and students to 'climb' a mountain. I do miss the mountains in Guizhou, but they're nothing like hiking in the States.






Some of the students were really cute and couldn't wait to practice their English with me. They're still excited to meet new foreigners there, unlike my new students in Fuyang who are accustomed to having foreign teachers.


And of course there was a temple at the top of the mountain. But it was a bit too cloudy to see anything!!





Afterward we went to a restaurant in the countryside. The ride there was so bumpy, I'd forgotten how bad those roads can be.











Some countryside pics. The rice fields after harvest and a young boy bringing the village ox back after working in the field.








Back in Tongzi I got to see some of my former students. Diana and I in JianJun's supermarket. And have lunch with some friends.




I miss Tongzi and all my friends but I'm still happy I chose to live in a new place and experience a different part of China.

No comments: