Monday, March 16, 2009

Tongzi

The main fresh food market in Tongzi. Its not too far from my place, I can walk there in about 15 mins. Shopping in the market is super cheap, a 1/2 kilo of potatoes cost 1 Yuan (14 cents), 4 large onions = 2 Yuan (28 cents),

The women carry just about everything in these baskets on their backs, from fruits and veggies, to their children. You see them every where :)









Take a rest at the market in this area.

If you want to eat chicken this is how you buy it.









Selling chunks of fat from who knows what animal...

A poorer part of Tongzi.




A typical shop selling everything you could ever need having to do with rice.


This has got to be the creepiest children's toy. But the Chinese kids seem to like it.

1 comment:

Eva from VA said...

I love the little panda bear ...... I want one ...... and maybe one of the baskets would help me with all the things I try to carry around ..... I am so glad to see you enjoying and sharing your experiences with everyone ..... the markets look like they would take a little getting used to, until you find out what is what ..... or can understand what they are saying things are ..... continue to enjoy and share ..... all my love, Mom :o)