Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A night out with all the English teachers

I'm so lucky!!! I work with such an awesome group of English teachers!
Tonight we went out for dinner to eat hot pot. Its basically one huge pot of boiling soup that you put anything into to cook and then everyone eats from this pot, and the food is really really good! It was so much fun to be at dinner with 10 of my fellow English teachers from my Grade, and maybe 5 extra family members, so altogether there were maybe 16 at the table!
Fionia, standing in the back teaches Class 5. Sunny, sitting front left teaches Classes 1 and 6, Gou Xuayin, to the right of Sunny teaches classes 11 and 14, Chen Ying teaches class 3 and that's her little girl sitting on my lap, and I of course teach every class one a week, and Mr. Jiang, also my FAO to the right of me teaches class 8, Mr. Li teaches class 9, then is the teacher of class 10, and the teacher of class 2, and then Oliver teaches class 7, and finally Simon teaches class 4!
And its funny but now that I think of it I've never met the teachers of classes 12, 13, 15, and 16....


Then after dinner went went out to the 'disco' or basically karaoke. The Chinese people are not shy at all to sing karaoke and they want me to sing too but they always only have 1 English song and that's 'My Heart will go on' from Titanic... how embarrassing! but then they like to dance to every song, but this waltz like dance that I think I've finally figured out... Its funny.
(pic) at the Chinese style disco!

1 comment:

Eva from VA said...

Thanks for continuing to update your blog ..... I always enjoy hearing and seeing what you have been up to .... so when are you going to meet the missing teachers? They must exist, because you have their classes also, right? Did Sev come back yet?

Skyler enjoys your pictures also ..... Love from both of us .... Hugs and Kisses ....... :o)