Monday, December 8, 2008

Hat Ton Sai

Welcome to Hat Ton Sai/Railay the rock climbing capitol of Thailand!!



Over there you can see the beaches of Ton Sai and behind it are the couple hundred meter cliffs to climb on. I took this picture from the view point between Railay and Phra Nang. I hope the map can help my descriptions a bit.


Me and my friend Trac, from New Zealand/China.










Climbing up Groove Tube, on Fire wall! One of the "Must climbs" in Ton Sai.
My friend Wade from Seattle had the awesome idea to climb up Groove tube and belay me at the top from a small cave up there and take pics of me climbing up. Too bad I didn't get a pic of the cave... its just small enough for 2 people to squeze into, but you have to be careful not to fall down the tube!!

Boldering on Phra Nang beach.



Craig belaying Nick on a 6c on Phra Nang beach.



Veiw of Phra Nang beach from Escher World (one of the climbing sites).






Rapelling down Thaiwand wall when the sun was setting!!! GET DOWN FAST YOU DON'T WANT TO BE WALKING BACK IN THE FORESTS IN THE DARK!!!

Sabastien, from France, getting ready to climb at Thaiwand wall. You can see from Railay west across to Railay east from up there!





I'm also working a bit in Pyramid Bar during the nights.
Chai the owner of the bar.
En, Chai's cousin, a very strange boy indeed that works there.








1 comment:

Eva from VA said...

Wow ..... the view is still fantastic; but, it sure looks scary .... I hope Stanton finds you tomorrow ..... Have a great time and keep up the updates and pictures of everyone (you, Stanton and others) and the beautiful views ......
Love you ...... Mom :o)