Friday, December 19, 2008

Only 1 week in Malaysia

After being in Ton Sai for nearly 1 month I had to make a "border run" to Malaysia to get a new entry stamp on my passport and more time to stay in Thailand.





This is a very beautiful mosque on Penang Island, my 1st of 2 stops in Malaysia.




Up on Penang hill, the tallest hill on the island, at Kek Lok See, a Chinese Buddhist temple. Malaysia has three main demographics, the Chinese Buddhists, Indian Hindu, and the Malay Muslim, all in a Muslim country. And for the most part everyone gets along great so you can be walking along one street and feel three completely different cultures.





The view from the top of Kek Lok See temple.
Then we tried to hike to the top of Penang Hill but we didn't make it all the way so we stopped for this view.
.
The most shocking thing in Malaysia were these Anti Zionist stickers. But don't let me mislead you I only found these in a few little shop/stalls in the bus stations, and all the people I met in Malaysia were friendly, and even in the mosque where they told me about the history of the Muslims in Malaysia.

1 comment:

Eva from VA said...

Thanks for updating ....... I hope you all have a good time and I will watch for whatever and whenever you can update ....... I hope Christmas and Chanukah are good for all ....... I am having a great time in Florida ..... but, missing all of you ......

Stay safe and I will keep watching for what you can put .......

Love , Mom :o)