Thursday, September 18, 2008

Funny, Smart, and Stupid (FSS)

I'm seeing so many things here in Thailand, I just want to look back later and be able to remember all the funny, smart and stupid things I see here in Thailand.

Funny:
- The bank employee whose job it is to direct traffic with a whistle in the bank parking lot in Bangkok, even though the bank is tiny and there are only 10 parking spots!!
-The tall, skinny, beautiful (sometimes) Thai women. They often wear dresses and high heels and lots of make-up. Just talk to them a little to realize they are all men...
-The scooter bikes that hold a family of 4 or 5 including the little toddler in front hanging on for dear life to the handle bars. Most the time they are also clutching onto their groceries. (Maybe this one should go in the stupid section!) Not to mention they like to ride on the wrong side of the street because its more convenient.

Smart:
-The ramps on the highways that are explicitly for making u-turns
- Take off your your shoes before entering any home, small shops, restaurants, other small businesses. Bangkok is a bit of an exception where everything is dirty.

Stupid:
- The buses don't fully stop for the people to get on the bus. You just hope that the people can move enough in time for you to squish in before you get run over!

2 comments:

Becca Boo22 said...

OMG hun! you look like you are having so much fun! I am so proud of you. I wish i could be right there beside you enjoying the veiw and having a view drinks. I miss ya so much, i cant wait until you are back, but at the same time i dont want u to hurry your trip. I love all the postings your pics look great! Im gonna visit your mom soon. I know she misses you about as much as me. I love ya gurl keep posting and and i will comment you again soon. I have sooo much to tell you.
Love always your bff

Eva from VA said...

Hi Babe--How did the trip up north go? Did you teach him much English, or did he already speak enough.... Daddy and Stanton are at the Redskin game today and Stanton sees your blog and would rather be in Thailand with you....it all sounds so exciting ...stay safe and keep updating ..... Love You, Mom :o)