Monday, September 1, 2008

Into to Thai 101

Thai food: Very, very cheap but make sure to ask for mai pet (not spicy) other wise you won't be eating much else for the rest of the meal. Don't ask what you're eating, only after. You may not want to try it. If its white and taste like rubber, its squid.


Left: Fried squid and something else you can find on the streets of Bangkok
Right: My host Pii Liew and Nee (her friend). They took me to a Thai resturant for dinner



Thai language:
Pi Liew trying to teach me Thai. Pi Liew: rice is kaow.
Me: kaow?
Pi Liew: No, its kaow
Me: kaow
Pi Liew: No! kaow
Me: kaow
Pi Liew: That means white, rice is kaaaaaaaaaoooooooooow
Me: Kaaaaaaaaooooooooow
Pi Liew: :)


Thai praying: Pay daily respect to the Buddha










Thai mopeds: 4 adults on a moped is no problem!


Dalet (market): Try a piece of everything b4 you buy it. If you look american you must bargain at least 50%. "Paang kah! Lot noi dai mai kah?" Expensive! Can you make it cheaper?

Left: Ba Dang at the local market in Nakhon Pathom
Right: floating market








Thai home: take your shoes off outside. House the most friendly people on Earth.

Thai toilet: still trying to figure this one out

Traditional Thai wedding dress

3 comments:

anyThing..... said...

thai foods are great...thumbs up!

Unknown said...

When I would go to lunch with the Thai woman I used to work with she would tell the server to give me "Thai spicy" whenever I ordered since she knew I liked really spicy food. Otherwise she said they would have served me "American spicy" which would have been a much more mild flavoring.

Unknown said...

I love that wedding dress - beautiful! Just like you. I miss you - stay well and thanks for all the postings!! And no worries - im not that into spicy or squid either (it DOES taste like rubber!!).