Saturday, July 6, 2013

Impressions of Ecuador

I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised by this beautiful country. I hope it's not false illusion that I got from passing through the country too quickly.
To begin with the people genuinely nice, they are so patient and willing to help you, and that's rare from my experience traveling. And I don't know what it is that makes them so different from other latino cultures but they appear so happy. You see them in every city and town enjoying time in the parks, strolling with their family, playing soccer, or any of the other many sports I uniquely found here in Ecuador - bmx, dirt bikes, paragliding, olympic swimming pools. And it all shines through in their kids who absolutely have the best smiles around. And it's the small things like in the countryside that I started to notice were so different. 1. the lack of tall walls with glass or protection on top separating the farms. 2. The fact that the farmers here are not the poorest people in the country. They live in well kept houses with tractors for their farms and no trash strewn all over the side of the road. 3. Yes, everything is green and maybe it's easier to farm here but everything is organized into nice plots of land. 4. And it's just a small thing but they don't petty charge you for using the toilet here.
The people here have a lot of pride. They are hard working people no matter how little or much money they have. They take care of their country, people and business. I fell this country is already successful and for good reason. I can only wish the best for this little bright corner of the world.
This is just my first impression but I definitely need to learn more about this country I had completely forgotten was between Peru and Colombia and had had no plans to ever visit. I'm glad I did.

No comments: