Friday, July 5, 2013

Quito

I took a bus up to Quito after San Luis de Pambil. Only 5 hours and $6, probably the cheapest in South America from what I've heard.
Le Panacillo
Quito streets


Quito is a HUGE city. I had no idea it would be so big. Just the taxi from the south bus station to the center cost me $8. You can see only a small part of the city in any one picture even from the viewpoint at the top of the cable car, TeleferiQo. I think Quito is at something like 2,800 meters and the TeleferiQo goes up to 4,100 meters.

I stayed in  Blue House in the center of the 'party' area, because that's where all the hostels are and it's close and easy to walk to the historic center.
They have some really nice churches and the cathedral. So I spent a couple days just walking around and going to some of the sites in the city.


San Francisco Church
Inside SF church

No comments: